Not everyone needs a gargantuan screen TV that takes up half a room. In many cases, particularly if your space is limited, one of the small televisions may be the answer. Small televisions, around 19-inches, don’t even have to be full HD or have a superfast refresh rate to get a nice looking picture. In reality, small televisions with 720p and 60 Hz is all you really need to get a great looking picture. Plus, if you’re looking for cheap TVs, a small TV is going to save you a lot of money.
There is no real definition of small televisions. Many consider anything under 32 inches small, but to some degree it’s relative. If you need a TV that will fit nicely in your RV, dorm room, bedroom, study, garage, workshop, and save you money over larger TVs, then one of the small televisions might be right for you. This article I about a nice, highly-rated, small 19-inch television from Samsung.
My first question is, “will it have all the features I want?” What features can you get with such a small television anyway?
Let’s take a look at some of the key features:
As we have said, you don’t need resolution better than 720p on small televisions and certainly not on a 19-inch model. If you asked a resolution expert, they might even tell you 720p is overkill. It’s overkill because you won’t be able to discern the difference between 480p, 720p, and 1080p, on a 19-inch small television. That said, you won’t find many small televisions with less than 720p resolution these days, so choosing 720p is an easy decision. What I’m saying is that it would be foolish to spend extra money to get 1080p resolution, on a 19-inch TV.
Interested in learning about other small televisions? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
The refresh rate argument is similar to that of resolution in the sense that a high refresh rate is not necessary for a 19-Inch TV. Refresh rate and terms like “motion blur” are all the rage in LED TV advertising, but in reality it doesn’t mean much to buyers of small televisions.
All 19-Inch 720p LED flat screen TVs we know of operate with a refresh rate of 60 Hz making the discussion a moot point. Effective rates of 120 Hz are available, but it’s effectiveness on a 19-Inch LED panel TV would be indistinguishable.
The refresh rate discussion is different from the resolution discussion in that anything above 60 Hz, even for larger televisions, will probably be irrelevant as marketing hype until content is available that makes the higher refresh rates, and concerns about motion blur, meaningful.
If you’re looking for a Smart TV with internet connectivity and tons of channels, you will need to purchase a larger TV than 19 inches. There are, for example, several 32-Inch HDTVs available that are Smart TVs.
We searched forums, customer review sites, manufacturer sites, consumer sites, social media sites, and retail sites for top rated 19-Inch LED flat screen TVs.
Take a look at our Samsung small flat screen TV choice and see if it’s the best LED TV for your needs!
Small Televisions: Top Rated 19-Inch 720p 60Hz LED TV
The Samsung UN19F4000 19-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV is a simple, small television that has everything you need and nothing you don’t. It’s a perfect TV for locations where space it tight like RVs, workshops, kitchen counters, dorm rooms, garages, offices, and many more. It features a widescreen 720p resolution display with a native 60Hz refresh rate enhanced to an effective 120Hz using Samsung’s Clear Motion Rate 120 Technology. Its thin, sleek 0.5-inch bezel width provides a modern tech look that will complement your other media components and décor. Its Wide Color Enhancer Plus Technology expands the color range for more realistic, vivid image display, particularly of non-HD content. A Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 20,000:1 provides better contrast between black tones and shadow areas against brilliant whites. ConnectShare Movie lets you watch videos, play music, or view photos from its built-in USB connection without the need for special equipment. Here’s what you need to know about this small Samsung TV.
Small Televisions Features
- 19-Inch, 720p, 60Hz (120Hz effective), 1366×768, LED edge-lit HDTV with 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Thin, 0.5-Inch bezel width provides a modern tech look to this small television
- Clear Motion Rate 120 Technology uses refresh rate, image processor speed, and backlight technology to measure fast action and display action-packed movement with better sharpness, clarity, and contrast while eliminating movement distortion
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus Technology enhances hues by expanding the color range for more realistic images, particularly when watching non-HD content
- Its 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio renders black tones and shadow areas with great range versus brilliant whites
- ConnectShare Movie lets you watch videos, play music, or view photos from its built-in USB connection without the need for special equipment.
- DTS Premium Sound decodes DTS-encoded content like Blu-ray and streaming media while unlocking all discrete channels of audio data within the content for an impressive and immersive surround sound experience from the built-in 3W down-firing, full range speakers
- Additional features include Auto Power Off, a built-in Clock and On/Off Timer, and TM1240B Standard Remote Control
- Energy Star 6.0-qualified for more energy savings, lower utility bills, and a smaller carbon footprint on the environment
- Compatible with VESA standard 75 x 75 mounting configuration
- Dimensions are 17.9W x 11.1H x 1.9D inches with the stand and 17.9W x 12.4H x 4.9D with the stand and it weighs 5.5 lbs. without the stand and 5.7 lbs. with the stand
- 2 – HDMI
- 1 – USB
- 1 – Component
- 1 – Composite-in (AV)
- 1 – Common Use for Component Y)
- 1 – RF-in
- 1 – RS232C
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Small Televisions Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this small Samsung TV? Which flat screen TV are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thank for reading our FlatScreenTVCentral.com Small Televisions post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose one of the best small televisions for your needs!