If you’re looking for the best 40 inch TV, there are only a few trusted brands to choose from. Samsung, Sony, LG, and Vizio are the top of the heap when it comes to quality 4K Ultra HD TVs. The best 40 inch TV is a Smart TV, has 4K Ultra HD picture quality, and is ready for High Dynamic Range (HDR) content.
What should you look for in the best 40 inch TV?
These days 4K Ultra HD resolution is all the rage. It delivers 4X the resolution of Full HD 1080p. Particularly with a 40-inch TV, 4K Ultra HD resolution produces amazing picture quality and detail that will have you believing you are actually there.
Interested in learning about other 40-Inch TVs? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
High Dynamic Range (HDR) provides an extended range of picture contrast and improved color accuracy for a more true-to-life viewing experience. HDR-compatibility produces brighter whites and an expanded color range that appears to give movies and TV more depth.
The primary brands provide outstanding Smart TV features that include a central interface for finding and playing movies, sports, TV, and other content. Many people choose to use a streaming media player along with their TV to access streaming content, but with a Smart TV you may find you don’t need the streaming media player.
Cheap TVs save by using less powerful processors and that can lead to a very unsatisfying viewing experience. If you plan to access streaming media content using your new 40 inch LED TV, then try to get the fastest processor for the money. A fast processor makes the interface perform faster and that translates directly to a better viewing experience. You should expect a Smart TV to have at least a Quad-Core processor.
The best 40 inch TV has a native refresh rate of 60Hz with interpolation to provide an effective rate of 120Hz. A fast refresh rate reduces motion blur during active content like sports and action scenes in movies.
Audio is a mixed bag with most TVs. Some models do it better than others. You have to remember that as TVs have gotten thinner it has become more and more difficult to incorporate adequate speakers into the TV. So, your best bet is to buy a separate sound bar and subwoofer for your 40 inch smart TV if you need high-quality TV sound.
We searched TV forums, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, social media, consumer sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated 40 inch HDTV.
Take a look at our choice and see if this popular model from Samsung is the best flat screen TV for your needs!
Best 40 Inch TV: Top Rated New 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
With UHD resolution, High Dynamic Range (HDR) picture quality, a new Smart TV interface, and a voice navigation remote control, the Samsung Electronics UN40MU6300 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV is a high technology HDTV with has all the features you would want in a mid-size 40-inch unit. HDR produces higher contrast, vivid color viewing and its Essential Black Pro exposes even the rich details in even the darkest scenes for a more immersive viewing experience. 4K Color Drive Pro gives you vibrant and pure color for more beautiful and engaging viewing. Samsung Smart Hub makes navigation and search easier so you can access all your favorite content easier and faster. This Samsung 40 inch TV has the picture and features you need and may be the best 40 inch TV for your money.
Best 40 Inch TV: Features
- 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with 4X more pixels than Full HD and a fast Quad-Core processor
- Colorful High Dynamic Range (HDR) picture
- Smart remote controller with voice navigation capability
- Essential Black Pro reveals rich details in even the darkest scenes with deeper shades of black
- 4K Color Drive Pro delivers vibrant and pure color for more realistic scenes
- Samsung Smart Hub provides easier navigation and search to find and play your favorite TV shows, Movies, Sports, Music, Apps, and Games and enjoy surfing the web on its full web browser
- Enjoy smooth fast-moving content with less motion blur thanks to Samsung’s Motion Rate 120 with a 120Hz effective refresh rate
- UHD upscaling brings near 4K resolution to all of your lower resolution content
- Dolby Digital Plus delivers quality audio through dual 10W, down-firing speakers with Bass Reflex
- Bluetooth headset support
- Integrated Wi-Fi support
- Both TV to Mobile mirroring and Mobile to TV mirroring and DNLA
- Audio return channel support via HDMI port
- OneRemote automatically detects and controls all your connected devices and content with no manual programming required
Supports VESA wall mount 400 x 400 pattern
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Dimensions are 36.1W x 21.1H x 2.5D inches without stand and 36.1W x 23.5H x 11.3D inches with stand and weighs 17 lbs. without stand and 19.2 lbs. with stand
- 1 – Slim gender cable
- 1 – Power cable
- 3 – HDMI
- 2 – USB
- 1 – Ethernet
- 1 – Component
- 1 – Composite In (AV)
- 1 – RF In
- 1 – Digital Audio Out (Optical)
See Samsung Electronics UN40MU6300 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV Customer Reviews >>>
- Fantastic picture clarity and sharpness
- Easy setup
- Value priced
- Plenty of ports
- Remote control is not user-friendly
- Some complaints of poor audio quality
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Samsung Electronics UN40MU6300 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV Interactive Guide >>>
Best 40 Inch TV
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this budget 40-inch 4K Ultra HD TV? Which flat screen TV are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A 40-inch TV is the perfect size for bedrooms, dens, offices, or anywhere you need a high-quality TV display. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best 40 Inch TV for your needs!