The best HDTV for gaming has special requirements that you wouldn’t necessarily care about as much for watching movies or television. In some respects, gaming needs are similar. You should expect great resolution, a fast refresh rate, and vivid blacks in the best HDTV for gaming just like you would want those characteristics in any 4K Ultra HD TV.
Beyond that, the best HDTV for gaming should have a fast response time and low input lag. What does that mean?
Response time is how fast your HD TV can change pixel colors from black to white or gray to gray. Slow response times contribute to “ghosting” where you see blurring behind objects during fast-paced action scenes. It is not the same thing as input lag.
There is a delay, that you may not even notice, between when you press a button on your controller and you see a reaction on your TV. That delay is the input lag. Less input lag means you can react faster during games which can make the difference between living and dying. High input lag can make the playing experience seem like you’re walking knee-deep in mud.
Ideally you want a low response time and a low input lag, but in reality, response times published by manufacturers can be very inaccurate and input lag specifications can be hard to find for individual TVs.
Just like a lot of us, you need a TV and a gaming monitor, but your budget says you need to get them both in one device. That’s okay. There are some great TVs out there for those of us on a budget that can function well either as a gaming monitor or a TV for movies and television shows.
Interested in other HDTVs? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best:
- Best 42 Inch LED TV: VIZIO 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- 70 Inch HDTV: Top 5 Best Rated 70 Inch Flat Screen TVs
- Top Rated TVs: Top 7 Best Rated 40-43 Inch LED HDTV Flat Screens
- Flat Screen High Definition TV: Most Popular 42-Inch HDTV
- 40 Inch TV: Best Value 40 Inch LCD TV
Since all of us have different budgets and different needs, rather than look for the best TV for gaming specifically, we chose to look for the best budget series. In other words, manufacturers produce TV series where the technology and features are similar and the TVs only vary by size. This allows you to choose the best gaming TV that fits your budget and size requirements.
We searched forums, technical sites, review sites, manufacturer sites, retail sites, and consumer research site for the best 4K Ultra HD TV series on a budget.
Take a look at this TV series and see if it’s the best 4K Ultra HD TV for your gaming needs!
Best HDTV for Gaming: Top Rated Gaming 4K Ultra HD TV Series
VIZIO D-Series 4K Ultra HD TVs Best HDTV for Gaming
You could buy a Full HD TV to save money, but the wave of the future is UHD and it’s available for less money than ever before. A great example is the VIZIO D-Series lineup of 4K Ultra HD TVs. With 4X the resolution of 1080p, 14 active LED zones, Active Pixel Tuning, and a 120Hz effective refresh rate, you get the resolution and performance you need to tackle the most demanding games.
VIZIO’s D-Series delivers amazing clarity, greater light uniformity, extremely high contrast, deeper blacks, and sharper detail thanks to its high resolution and its 14 active LED zones, 120Hz effective refresh rate, and Active Pixel Tuning.
Available in 40, 50, 55, and 65-inch sizes, there is sure to be a size that’s just right for you. Here’s what you need to know.
- 4K Ultra HD with over 8.3 million pixels per image, 4X the resolution of Full HD
- Fast V6 Six-Core Processor includes a quad-core GPU and dual-core CPU to enhance performance and provide a smoother Smart TV experience
- Full-array LED backlighting
- 14 Active LED Zones for superior light uniformity, high contrast, and deep, pure black levels
- Active Pixel Tuning provides pixel-level brightness adjustments for increased picture accuracy and a heightened contrast ratio of 5 million-to-1
- Dedicated VM50 Ultra HD motion and picture processing engine continuously sharpens the contet on screen for precision clarity and detail
- Clear Action 240 uses backlight scanning to give you a fast 120Hz effective refresh rate that helps improve detail and reduces motion blur during fast action scenes
- Ultra-fast 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi for up to 3X faster streaming of movies and other streaming media
- Spatial Scaling Engine upscales 720p and 1080p HD sports, movies, and TV to near Ultra HD resolution
- VIZIO Internet Apps Plus Smart TV is optimized for Ultra HD streaming with instant access to all your favorite movies, TV shows, music, and more
- Cast your phone or tablet’s content directly to your VIZIO Smart TV from Second Screen-ready mobile apps like Netflix and YouTube
- Advanced DTS StudioSound provides virtual surround sound audio from two built-in speakers
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this gaming TV series? Which gaming HDTV are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thank you for reading our FlatScreenTVCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best HDTV for gaming!