If you’re looking for a cheap 50 inch TV, you need to consider a 55-inch TV. Prices have come down, possibly more than you have anticipated, to the point where 55-inch TVs are a terrific value. A cheap 50 inch TV up to a value 55-inch TV are versatile in size and can be used in a variety of rooms as main TVs or as an additional TVs.
A cheap 50 inch TV will fit in your budget, allow you take advantage of all the innovative technology built-in to the new flat screen TVs, and give you a brilliant, large picture to enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows.
Some things to look forward to in a new 4K Ultra Smart LED TV are resolutions that are 4X that of Full HD 1080p, smart TV features that give you access to a host of streaming media channels, the ability to cast your mobile devices to the 50 inch TV so you can enjoy your mobile content right on your TV, and better motion ability so you can enjoy action movies and sports with less motion blur.
Interested in seeing other value flat screen TVs? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Cheap HDTV: Top Rated Budget 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV
- Cheap 32 Inch TV: Top Rated Budget 32-Inch 720P LED TV
- Cheapest 50 Inch TV: Top Rated 50 Inch HDTV Under $500
- SonyTV: Sony’s New 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV Lineup
- Top TV Brands: Top 5 4K Ultra HD 55-Inch TVs
- Sharp TV: Best Selling New Sharp 60-inch AQUOS TV
You may have heard of Roku streaming media players that give you access to thousands of channels through an intuitive interface that is one of the most popular. Streaming media has been promising “cut the cable” capability for a long time and with recent technology and the ability to use an antenna to get local digital channels, we’re closer than ever before.
Some new TVs including the one in this article have a Roku player built-in so that you can enjoy the same capability without having to buy a separate box. The advantage of Roku over standard 50 inch smart TV is in the capability and the interface. The Roku interface is better than other smart TV interfaces and other smart TVs can’t hope to compete with Roku’s channel lineup.
When 4K Ultra HD TVs came out there was very little content available to take advantage of the new format. It’s true that most 4K Ultra HD TVs do upscaling which can take your standard and Full HD content and make it look much better, but it still couldn’t compare to true 4K Ultra HD content. That has changed. There are even channels now dedicated to 4K Ultra HD content making it more available than ever before.
Finally, one of the best features of the new TVs is their price. You can get a cheap 50-inch TV for a price that once would only get you a standard HD 32-inch TV. It could be the perfect time to get your new cheap TV.
We searched TV forums, manufacturer sites, retail sites, social media, customer review sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highly rated 55-inch 4K Ultra smart TV.
Take a look at our choice and see if this cheap 50 inch TV plus is the best 50 inch flat screen TV for your needs!
Cheap 50 Inch TV: Top Rated 55-Inch 4K Ultra Smart LED TV
With a premium quality 4K Ultra HD picture that uses High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology to produce exceptional clarity and detail, the new TCL 55S405 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV has the picture and features you want at a price you can afford. This TCL model’s integrated Roku interface gives you access to over 4,000 streaming media channels in addition to cable TV, so all your favorite media is available at your fingertips. You can even use your voice to search top streaming channels by title, actor, or director on the Roku App or uses Roku Search to quickly and easily find your favorite content right on your TV. This model’s upscaling capability delivers your other non-4K Ultra HD content in near Ultra HD quality, so you will be able to enjoy amazing picture quality even if you’re shows are not available in 4K Ultra HD. This model comes with built-in High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology that delivers exceptional clarity, detail, and a more true-to-life picture.
Cheap 50 Inch TV: Features
- 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Direct-lit LED TV with built-in Roku streaming media capability, 4X the resolution of Full HD 1080p, and 120Hz CMI effective refresh rate
- 4K Ultra HD upscaling displays your non-4K content in near Ultra HD quality
- Striking 4K UHD premium picture performance with high dynamic range (HDR) technology offers exceptional clarity and detail
- Simple, intuitive Roku interface provides easy access to over 4,000 streaming channels, cable TV, gaming consoles, and other devices
- 120Hz CMI effective refresh rate delivers a better experience with action content like movies and sports with less motion blur
- Fast, 802.1ac 2×2 dual-band Wi-Fi provides a better interface experience and delivers all your content quickly and reliably
- Powerful dual core processor and dual core GPU means better TV system performance
- Quality 2 channel audio delivers booming sound through 8-watt speakers
- Integrated capability to support all your favorite content from cable and satellite to your built-in TV tuner to streaming media
- Fast and easy Roku Search finds all your favorite content or use the free Roku mobile app and take advantage of voice search
- Combine your favorite smartphone or table with the Roku mobile app and use it as a remote control, plug in headphones for private listening, search with your voice or keyboard, and share your own videos, music, and photos directly to your TV
- Send photos, videos, and music from your smartphone or tablet to your TV plus with Netflix and YouTube apps, cast movies, shows, sports highlights, and more
- Simple 20-button remote makes navigation easier and faster
- Beautiful, sleek, modern design TV has a quad pedestal stand or can be mounted using integrated VESA mounting points
- Built-in 200mm x 200mm VESA mounting points
- Dimensions are 49.1W x 28.5H x 3D inches without the stand and 49.1W x 30.8H x 8.7D inches with stand
- 1-Year limited warranty
- 1 – AV Input (Composite Video and L&R audio in
- 1 – RF Input (NTSC, ATSC)
- 1 – Ethernet
- 1 – USB 2.0
- 3 – HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (1 ARC)
- 1 – SPDIF Digital audio optical
- 1 – Headphone audio output
- Amazing 4K Ultra HD picture quality
- Integrated Roku streaming media player and interface
- Value priced
- Easy setup
- Some complaints about narrower viewing angle
- Simple remote has no number pad
Cheap 50 Inch TV
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this value flat screen TV? Which 50-inch plus TV are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
The prices of flat screen TVs have come down in recent months to the point that 55-inch LED TVs are very affordable for most people. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose a cheap 50 inch TV that meets your need!