What is a cheap HDTV? It used to mean bottom-of-the-barrel picture, sound, and features. Now, you can buy a high-quality, 4K Ultra HD, Smart LED TV with all the features you love, ports you need, and picture quality you demand. So, you don’t have to compromise with a cheap HDTV any more.
How can you get superior quality Smart TV features in a cheap HDTV? You integrate the most popular streaming media player technology into the TV. Roku is by far the most popular and highly rated streaming media technology with over 450,000 movies and TV shows available and a menu system that works well and many people are familiar with.
Interested in learning about other budget TVs? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
What about 4K Ultra HD capability? You may be surprised to find out that you can get 4K Ultra HD in a cheap HDTV. The advantage of course is the higher resolution of 4K Ultra HD which is 4X that of Full HD.
Can you get High Dynamic Range (HDR) in cheap tvs? What is HDR? HDR delivers a TV picture that looks more true-to-life by increasing contrast ratio and improving color accuracy. Yes, you can buy a cheap HDTV with HDR.
Am I stuck with slow single band Wi-Fi if I buy a cheap television? No, you can even get dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi capability.
My Roku has a fast processor so the menu system is crisp and fast. Am I going to have to suffer through unbearably slow performance from the interface? No, you can get a budget LED TV with dual-core processors that give you the performance from a television you expect.
We searched TV forums, social media, manufacturer sites, retail sites, customer reviews sites, and consumer sites to find the most popular and highest rated 40-inch plus budget TV.
Take a look at our choice and see if this TCL 4K Ultra HD TV is the best LED TV for your home!
Cheap HDTV: Top Rated Budget 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV
You may not be familiar with TCL. They are one of the world’s largest TV manufacturers and America’s fastest growing TV brands. Their TCL 49S405 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV is no doubt one of the reasons why. With features like 4K Ultra HD resolution, integrated Roku Smart TV capability, 120 Hz clear motion index effective refresh rate, high dynamic range (HDR) support, and the latest dual-band Wi-Fi, this TCL model sounds more like a high-end LED TV than a budget model. Not all Smart TVs are created equal. Roku is one of the most popular streaming media players and their interface is fast and easy to use. Rather than having to suffer through a proprietary interface from one of the TV manufacturers that isn’t intuitive and might also be slow, you can use Roku’s own interface and remote control as if you were using a dedicated Roku box. It doesn’t hurt that this flat screen TV has both dual core processor and dual core GPU that make the interface much faster. As flexible as you need to be, it supports watching your favorite content from a variety of sources including streaming media, cable and satellite TV, or over-the-air channels.
Cheap HDTV: Features
- 49-Inch, 4K Ultra HD resolution (3,840 x 2160p), LED Full Array, Roku Smart TV with 120Hz CMI effective refresh rate
- Integrated Roku technology features over 400,000 movies and TV shows plus live sports, news, music, kids and family, food, science and tech, weather, fitness, foreign language, and more
- Uses a combination of advanced signal processing and back light scanning to enhance the native refresh rate and deliver an effective refresh rate of 120Hz CMI that provides smooth, blur-free images during fast action, fast moving sports, and video games
- 802.11ac 2×2 Dual Band Wi-Fi (support 2.4 GHz & 5GHz)
- Advanced Perceptual Quantizer (PQ) setting with Mobile App that allows for the display of high dynamic range (HDR) video that offers exceptional clarity and detail with bright and accurate colors for a lifelike viewing experience
- Fast dual-core CPU and GPU provide fast interface performance
- TCL’s proprietary 4K Creative Pro upscaling engine allows you to view your HD content in near 4K quality
- 2 channel 8W audio with Dolby Digital Plus
- Powerful mobile app gives your smartphone capability to act as your remote control, perform voice and keyboard searches, share your own videos, music, and photos to your TV, plus cast movies and videos to your TV with Netflix and YouTube mobile aps
- Super-simple Roku TV remote control is easy to use
- VESA wall mount pattern compatibility is 200 x 200 mm
- Mounting screw size is M6 x 16
- Dimensions are 43.7W x 27.7H x 8.5D inches with stand and 43.7 x 27.3 x 3.0 inches without stand and it weighs 25.4 lbs. with stand and 24.9 lbs. without stand
- 1- Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Connections and Networking
- 3 – HDMI 2.0 w/HDCP 2.2 (1 ARC)
- 1 – Composite video + L&R Audio In
- 1 – SPDIF digital Optical Audio Out
- 1 – Headphone jack
- 1 – RF Antenna input (NTSC, ATSC)
- 1 – USB 2.0
- 1 – Ethernet
- 1 – Quick start guide
- 1 – Roku TV RC282 remote control
- 2 – AAA batteries
See TCL 49S405 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV Customer Reviews >>>
- Excellent picture quality
- Large display for the price
- Roku interface is easy to use
- Excellent value
- Some complaints of picture problems with darker scenes
- Poor sound quality
- Narrow viewing angle
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
TCL 49S405 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV Quick Start Guide >>>
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this budget 49-inch 4K Ultra HD TV? Which flat screen TV are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
These days an inexpensive HDTV doesn’t have to be devoid of the features you expect. The HDTV in this article has plenty of features at a great price. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best cheap HDTV for your needs!