You’re looking for the cheapest 50 inch TV you can find, but what you probably really want is a quality, highly-rated 50-inch TV that also happens to be one of the least expensive. By cheapest 50 inch TV, you probably really mean inexpensive 50 inch TV.
Fortunately, no matter your intentions for the cheapest 50 inch TV, there are inexpensive 50-inch TVs available that have great features. The key is to find a 50 inch TV that is also reliable and from a trusted brand. TVs from trusted brands generally have better warranties, better support, use better quality materials, and are more highly rated.
What can you expect from a budget 50-inch HDTV?
Low-cost 50-inch TVs will most likely have full HD 1080p resolution. Full HD has twice the resolution of standard HD and is the best resolution short of the new 4K Ultra HD.
Modern HDTVs use faster processors and backlight technology in conjunction with fast refresh rates to deliver crisp video even during fast action. Expect to the cheapest 50 inch TV to have a clear motion rate of at least 60 Hz.
Interested in learning about other inexpensive TVs? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- Best HDTV for Gaming: Top Rated Budget Gaming 4K Ultra HD TV Series
- 40 Inch TV: Best Value 40 Inch LCD TV
- Flat Screen TV: Best Value 60-Inch 1080p LED Flat Screen TV
- Samsung TV: Best Samsung LED TV Under $700
- Flatscreen TV: Best Choice College Flat Screen HDTV
- Best 42 Inch LED TV: VIZIO 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
Smart TV Functions
If you want Smart TV functions you may have to upgrade a bit beyond the cheapest 50 inch TV in order to get them. The 50-inch LED TV model we chose is inexpensive, but it doesn’t have Smart TV functionality.
We researched TV forums, consumer sites, social media, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, and retail sites to find the cheapest 50 inch TV that is also popular and highly rated.
Take a look at the 50 TV model we choose and see if this Samsung 50-inch TV is the best HDTV for your needs!
Cheapest 50 Inch TV: Top Rated 50 Inch HDTV Under $500
With Motion Rate 60 Technology, full HD 1920 x 1080p resolution, and an integrated dynamite surround sound system, Samsung UN50J5000 50-Inch 1080p LED TV has a lot to offer for a price under $500. It features Wide Color Enhancer Technology that produces enriched colors that keep the video faithful to the director’s vision. Integrated DTS Premium Sound creates an impressive surround sound experience that produces crisp, DTS-decoded, Dolby MS10 sound through its built-in 20W audio system and with Samsung ConnectShare Movie you will be able to play media including USB-enabled cameras or camcorders, external hard drives, flash drives, and more, from your USB storage device. Here’s what you need to know about this Samsung 50-Inch TV.
Cheapest 50 Inch TV Features
- 50-inch, full HD 1920 x 1080p resolution, LED backlit HDTV
- Motion Rate 60 technology combined with faster processing speed and backlighting technology delivers a clear moving picture even during fast action scenes
- Wide Color Enhancer feature produces enriched colors that reproduce every image as the director intended, even with older, non-HD content
- Samsung ConnectShare Movie makes it easy to play media including USB-enabled cameras or camcorders, external hard drives, flash drives, and more, from your USB storage device
- DTS Premium Sound creates an impressive surround sound experience that produces crisp, DTS-decoded, Dolby MS10 sound through its built-in 20W audio system
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Comes with TM1240A standard remote controller
- Compatible with 400 x 400mm VESA wall mount standard
- The TV measures 44.9 x 26.1 x 2.4 inches without the stand and 44.9 x 28.3 x 2.4 with the stand and weighs 23.1 lbs. without the stand and 25.4 lbs. with the stand
- 2 – HDMI
- 1 – USB-in
- 1 – Composite-in
- 1 – RF-in
- 1 – Digital audio-out (Optical)
Cheapest 50 Inch TV Comparison
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Samsung TV? Which 50-Inch LED TV are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our FlatScreenTVCentral.com Cheapest 50 Inch TV post! We sincerely hope that is has provided you with valuable information that helps you find the cheapest 50 inch TV for your needs!