In order to understand the answer to the question how much is Roku 4 streaming media player, you need to understand the differences between the Roku 3 and the brand new Roku 4. Amazon has released the new Amazon Fire TV and in order to compete, Roku added a lot of competitive features to the Roku 4 that leaves the Roku 3 far behind in capability when it comes to media streaming devices.
How much is Roku 4? The short answer is about $30 more than Roku 3. How much is Roku 4 in terms of improvements and additional features? If you demand the most channels, the best performance, and the highest quality picture for your streaming video then the additional capability is definitely worth the additional cost of the Roku 4.
So how much is Roku 4 in terms of features? Here are the differences between the features of the Roku 3 and Roku 4:
- Roku 3 is compatible with full HDMI 1080p TVs while the Roku 4 streaming player is compatible with the newest HDMI 4K Ultra TVs via HDCP 2.2 HDMI
- Roku 3 is compatible with 802.11 b/g/n dual-band wireless while Roku 4 is compatible with the newest 802.11ac MIMO wireless and is backward compatible with 802.11 b/g/n dual-band wireless
- Roku 3 has a dual-core processor while Roku 4 has the latest and fastest quad-core processor to support 4k Ultra HD faster video streaming
- Roku 4 has a new optical digital audio port to support sending digital audio to an external receiver or other sound system that the Roku 3 does not
- Roku 4 has a brand new remote finder that allows you to push a button on top of the Roku 4 media streamer to activate a sound from your remote while the Roku 3 streaming media player does not
It boils down to better video supporting a 4K TV, better external audio, better wireless performance, and better overall Roku streaming player performance. If you need the best out there then the Roku 4 is the way to go.
We haven’t included the other Roku streaming media players like the Roku 1 streaming player or the Roku 2 streaming player because if you’re considering the Roku 4, then the comparison point is really only the Roku 3.
Take a look at the Roku 4 information and see if this $130 streaming media player is the best Roku for your needs!
How Much Is Roku 4 Streaming Media Player?
The Roku 4 Streaming Media Player is Roku’s latest evolution player that now supports all of the latest technology like 4K Ultra HD TVs. You get over 2,500 Roku channels like the Roku 3 streaming media player, but the Roku 4 has much better performance using a quad-core processor, new 802.11ac MIMO wireless support, and new external optical digital audio support. It’s about $30 more expensive raising the price to about $130, but if you need the best technology or have a 4K Ultra HD TV, the Roku 4 is the right choice for you. Here’s what you need to know about these media streaming players.
- Quad-core, ARM-based processor and 1.5 GB RAM
- Up to 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160p) on 4K Ultra HD TVs
- 2500+ channels on-demand offering 300,000+ streaming movies and TV episodes
- Brilliant true 4K Ultra HD streaming provides amazing detail, true-to-life color, and smooth motion
- Roku 4 automatically adapts to your TV and upscaling to provide the best picture with the maximum resolution possible whether you have full HDMI 1080p or 4K Ultra HD
- New Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound passed through HDMI or new digital optical audio port
- MicroSD port supports additional game and channel storage
- USB 2.0 port supports personal media expansion including MP4 (H.264), MKV (H.264), HEVC (H.265), MP3, Apple Lossless, WMA, AAC, JPG, and PNG (up to 4K Ultra HD resolution)
- Enhanced Roku remote supports voice search, point-anywhere use, has a headphone jack, motion-control for gaming, and a speaker for remote-finder alerts
- Lost remote finder allows you to push a button on top of the Roku 4 to activate a sound from your remote
- Voice search allows you to talk to the remote and find movies and TV episodes by title, actor, or director
- Advanced in-ear headphones connect directly to your Roku remote allow you to enjoy your favorite titles without intruding on others
- iOS, Android, and Windows apps allow you to browse and add new channels or send video, music, photos, and more to your TV or even create a 4K Ultra HD or 1080p slideshow on your TV
- Roku Feed allows you to follow your favorite movies, TV shows, actors, and directors and get automatic updates when new content is ready to stream or when prices drop
- The motion-control remote includes special gaming buttons that allow you to play games more realistically
- Dimensions of the unit are 6.5 x 6.5 x 0.8 inches and it weighs 0.9 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
- 1 – USB 2.0
- 1 – microSD slot
- 1 – Optical digital port
- 1 – HDMI
- 1 – Ethernet
- Faster performance
- 4K Ultra HD video
- Wireless range improvement
- Remote-finder is a nice feature
- Heat sink fan is noisy
- No 3D support
- HDCP 2.2 is a 4K requirement
Roku 4 Overview Video
Roku 4 CNET Features Video
How Much Is Roku 4 Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Now you know how much the new Roku 4 costs? Which streaming media player are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our FlatScreenTVCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information about the Roku 4 that helps you compare features in your quest to find out how much is Roku 4!