If you want to watch TV in your screen room or covered patio then you need an outdoor flat screen TV. An outdoor flat screen TV is different from the TV in your family room in that it is brighter, so you can see it in the bright light of the outdoors and is protected from the outdoor environment.
Many people make the mistake of buying a regular TV instead of an outdoor flat screen TV because of the cost. While it’s true that an outdoor TV is typically more expensive, it will probably be cheaper in the long run if you have to keep replacing your damaged regular TV.
Interested in learning about other outdoor viewing options? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- TV Projectors: Top Rated Most Popular Budget Mini Projector Now Supports 1080p
- How Much Is Roku 4 Streaming Media Player?
- Free Streaming TV Shows: Hottest New Streaming Media Player
- Portable Screen: Top 5 Best Rated Outdoor Movie Screens
- Outdoor Televisions: Best Backyard Tom Cruise Movie Action
- Outdoor TV Enclosure: Enjoy Your TV Outside This Summer!
- Outdoor Video Screens: Create Some Backyard Movie Theater Excitement
- Cheap Projectors: 5 Top Rated WXGA Projectors Under $400
If you use a regular TV outdoors you run the risk of voiding your warranty, creating an unsafe condition, ruining your expensive TV.
An outdoor-rated TV has many special features that are designed to protect it from the elements and keep you safe:
- Corrosion-resistant materials that can withstand repeated exposure to rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- Weather-tight cable entry points that seal out water yet still provide easy hookups
- Temperature management system that protects the TV from low and high temperatures
- Careful placement of IR receiver to hide it and protect it
- Weatherproof remote control
We searched outdoor living forums, manufacturer sites, customer review sites, social media, consumer sites, and retail sites to find the most popular and highly rated outdoor television.
Take a look at our choice and see if this well-protected outdoor 4K Ultra HD TV is the best outdoor TV for your needs!
If you’re looking for an outdoor-safe TV around 50 inches for permanent installation in a fully-shaded area you can’t do better than the SunBriteTV SB-5574UHD-BL Veranda 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Outdoor LED TV in Black. SunBriteTV delivers a safe, outdoor, worry-free entertainment experience through its high-quality outdoor products and strives to achieve your 100% satisfaction. This outside TV, designed for fully-shaded areas, features an outdoor-safe design that includes a powder-coated, rust-proof aluminum exterior that protects internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air, an innovative weather-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hook-ups, a temperature management system that protects the TV from very low and very high ambient temperatures, protection for the IR receiver, and a weatherproof remote control. Just because it’s designed for the outdoors, doesn’t mean you need to compromise on capability and picture quality. You get a premium 4K Ultra HD screen with direct LED backlight that produces a crisp, detailed picture that is also 30% brighter than indoor TVs for improved viewing in brighter outdoor conditions. It also has a large, convenient media bay with room for popular streaming media players, cables, matching transformers (baluns), Wi-Fi extenders and more.
Outdoor Flat Screen TV: Features
- 55-inch, 4K Ultra HD, 3840 x 2160p, 60Hz, outdoor-safe, Color Active Matrix TFT LED TV designed for permanent outdoor installation in full shade applications like a screened-in porch or covered patio
- 4K Ultra HD, direct LED backlight display delivers breathtaking, dramatic picture detail with 4 times the resolution of Full HD
- TV is up to 30% brighter than indoor TVs for improved viewing in brighter viewing conditions
- Rugged, powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior protects internal components all types of weather and insects
- Innovative weather-tight cable entry system seals out moisture while still allowing for an easy installation
- Dispersive temperature regulation system allows operation in low temperatures from -24 degrees F and high temperatures up to 104 degrees F (Storage temperature from -24 degrees F up to 140 degrees F)
- Rear placed IR receiver in the media bay keeps IR emitter hidden and protected
- Weatherproof remote control is safe to leave outdoors
- Supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 ensuring compatibility with the latest 4K sources and streaming services
- Large media bay has plenty of room for streaming media players, cables, and extenders
- Integrated 20W down-firing speakers deliver an all-in-one sound solution or add an external audio system
- 4 HDMI and 2 USB inputs provide plenty of connectivity options
- VESA-compatible mounting pattern of 400mm x 400mm
- TV dimensions are 50W x 29H x 3.86D inches and weighs 51 lbs.
- 1-Year limited parts and labor warranty
- 1 – RF in (CATV (ATSC/QAM/NTSC)
- 4 – HDMI (HDMI 1.4, HDMI2.0, HDCP 2.2)
- 1 – Composite video
- 1 – L/R audio inputs
- 1 – Control set concealed IR window
- 1 – Audio out (Digital TosLink Optical Audio)
- 1 – RCA L+R
Wall mounts are available separately:
- Excellent picture quality even in bright light
- Easy to set up and mount
- Very good sound for outdoors
- Many outdoor TV protection features
- Wall-mount only without purchasing a separate table-top stand
- No smart TV features
Outdoor Flat Screen TV
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this outdoor TV? Which outdoor television are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
An outdoor TV designed for that environment will have a brighter screen and will be better able to cope with the changing weather than a standard flat screen TV. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best outdoor flat screen TV for your needs!