TV projectors provide a way to get a theater-like experience right in your own home. Until recently home TV projectors of any quality were too expensive for most people to afford.
Prices have come down to the point that just about anyone can afford TV projectors that support 1080p high fidelity images. An HD projector provides the resolution you’re expecting in projected video images.
Looking for other video projection solutions? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- Teacher Gifts: Best Back-to-School Video Projector Value
- Cheap Projectors: 5 Top Rated WXGA Projectors Under $400
- Portable Screen: Top 5 Best Rated Outdoor Movie Screens
- Outdoor Video Screens: Create Some Backyard Movie Theater Excitement
Budget projectors have suffered with few features and poor ambient light performance. That’s because a home projector should have at least 1000 lumens to properly project a quality picture in a darkened room. 1500 lumens is a more realistic brightness if you are planning to project in any amount of ambient light.
For more information on how to choose the right projector go to ProjectorPeople.com.
Fortunately, 1500 lumen projectors in the budget category abound and many have rich feature sets that rival some of their more expensive counterparts.
We searched home theater forums, TV project forums, retail sites, social media, consumer sites, manufacturer sites, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated video projector.
Take a look at our choice and see if this budget mini projector is the best TV projector for your needs!
TV Projectors: Top Rated Most Popular Budget Mini Projector Supports 1080p
If you’re looking for a quality home projector that won’t break the bank, the DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector is one of the most popular choices. With 1500 lumens, and TFT LCD technology, this LED projector is 50% brighter than competitor models while delivering crisp, clear high-fidelity images indoors or outdoors. Its updated fan is quieter than ever before so it doesn’t interfere with audio. With a projection image size of 32 to 176 inches, you get a real big screen experience while watching movies or sports. Its compact size makes it highly portable and easy to store. Its lamp, with an extended 50,000-hour projected life should last for years of normal viewing.
TV Projectors: Features
- 1500 lumen, TFT LCD, LED light technology projector with 800 x 480p native resolution and 1920 x 1080p supported resolution
- 50% brighter than other standard budget projectors
- Connects to tablets or smartphones using an optional wireless HDMI adapter
- Double-tube cooling technology with heat dispersion combined with fan noise suppression makes this model quieter than most standard projectors
- Integrated focus function
- Contrast ratio of 1000:1
- Integrated +/- 15-degrees manual keystone correction capability
- Throw distance of 1.5 – 5 meters
- Projects screen sizes 32 – 176 inches
- Extended lamp life of 50,000 hours will last for years
- Great for home projection needs, but not recommended for business presentations
- 3-Year limited warranty and lifetime customer support
- 1 – Remote control
- 1 – 3-in-1 AV cable
- 1 – HDMI cable
For tablet and smartphone connectivity use an optional MHL to HDMI cable for Android and lightning to HDMI cable for Apple. For laptop connectivity adjust display resolution to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 to deliver the best picture.
The best large image size is provided with a projector distance of 2 to 2.5 meters and an image size of 130 inches.
- Easy to setup
- Bright, clear picture
- Compact and portable
- Budget price
- Some reports that the image is not bright enough
- No zoom
- Poor sound quality
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this budget video projector? Which TV projector are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A TV projector can provide a low-cost way to deliver bigger-than-life, theater experience movies and TV right in your home. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you one of the best TV projectors for your needs!