So you’re buying a new flat screen TV for the family room and you have to figure out where you’re going to put it. It’s really the focal point of a room and needs to have a prominent position, but you really have only two choices; the wall or a stand. TV stands are the easiest because usually there is no mounting and no measuring, but assembly can be daunting and you have to have room for the new stand.
Once you’ve decided to buy a new stand the big question becomes which one? We have done the research and found some great TV stands that are worth looking at. Read our article and see if one of these best selling flat screen TV stands is right for you.
TV Stands: 7 Best Selling TV Stands
Often when an item is a best seller, it’s because many buyers have done the research and found it to be worthy of buying. You can take advantage of their collective knowledge by taking a look at our list of 7 best selling TV stand models.
A highboy is a tall chest of drawers on legs. The Sauder 409242 Edge Water is the highboy of TV stands. Many use this for the bedroom, but it will complement the décor of any room. It has lot of room for audio/video components and drawers to hide what you don’t want to show. Here are some of its main features.
- Highboy design and Estate Black finish with warm brown undertones will complement any room in your home.
- This unit comes with two adjustable shelves.
- You will appreciate the four drawers with metal runners and safety stops.
- Patented T-lock design makes this unit stronger than conventional home-assembled furniture.
- The Sauder 409242 has dimensions of 44.57W x 17.48D x 30.83H inches.
- This unit is recommended for TVs weighing less than 70 lbs. and with a base no larger than 44.5 inches.
- Sauder provides a limited 5-Year warranty on the 409242 Edge Water Highboy.
TV Stands Pros
- Looks gorgeous
- Good value
- Good instructions
- Comes with assembly tools
- Difficult and long assembly
The Palladia 411865 from Sauder features a select, formal cherry finish with antiqued metal pulls for a quality look that will go with any décor. Made for larger flat screen TVs, this is a great looking entertainment credenza. Take a look at its features.
- This credenza will look striking in any room of your house with a dark cherry finish and classic lines.
- The framed doors have good looking tinted safety-tempered glass with beveled edges.
- The Palladia comes with two adjustable shelves.
- The Sauder Palladia measures 59.5 x 18.9 x 28.5 inches.
- This unit is recommended for TVs weighing less than 95 lbs. with a base no larger than 59.5 inches.
- Looks more expensive than the price
- Very sturdy
- Plenty of component space
- High quality materials
- Complicated assembly
- Cutout holes for cables too small
You will appreciate the modern styling of the Convenience Concepts Designs2Go 131031 TV stand. A modern design available in multiple colors, it has plenty of storage for your flat screen TV and audio/video components. Take a look at some of its main features.
- This unit has a modern look in black, espresso, or white colors.
- Brushed stainless-steel support posts add structure and a standout design element.
- Convenience Concepts has designed in space for a DVD/Blu-ray player, cable box and shelves for other audio/visual components.
- Cable ties are included for organization and securing to wall.
- Easy assembly with no tools required for assembly.
- This Designs2Go stand will hold a 42-inch flat screen TV.
- This unit has dimensions of 15.8 x 42 x 21.6 inches.
- Looks great
- Lots of space for components
- Easy assembly
- Very sturdy
- Not enough space between shelves
- No place to hide connection cables in back
- Too short
- Awkward placement of metal posts
The Altra Furniture 1195096 Carson TV stand is great looking with plenty of functionality. It has a lot of storage space for components and is still compact at only 48 inches. Take a look at its main features.
- Chrome accents highlight the beautiful and functional design of the Carson 1195096.
- The Altra Furniture 1195096 Carson TV stand is available in two rich colors; espresso and black/cherry.
- Large open shelves allow you to conveniently house multiple audio/visual components.
- Sturdy construction and quality materials makes this unit durable and reliable.
- You will appreciate the doors to hide your game console and DVDs.
- This stand can accommodate up to a 50-inch flat screen TV.
- The unit has dimensions of 16 x 48 x 20.5 inches.
- Feels durable
- Really sleek look
- Great value
- Assembly can be difficult
- Side shelves too narrow
- Legs are prone to breaking when moving
The Sonax Fiji FB-2600 has striking features and is part of Sonax’ Fiji Collection. It can be used for either a sitting or mounted 60-inch TV. It has a beautiful combination of open and concealed storage. Here are some of its main features.
- This unit can only be called beautiful with its Ravenwood Black finish and tempered glass doors.
- It has an adjustable center shelf gives you the flexibility to modify the space according to your needs.
- You will appreciate all the space in the Sonax Fiji to store all your audio/video components and more.
- The Fiji’s dimensions are 15.8 x 60 x 19.8 inches.
- This unit is designed to accommodate most flat screen TVs up to 64-inches.
- The Sonax Fiji is built in the U.S.A.
- No holes in back to run wires
- Wish it was deeper
- Instruction manual not clear
- Sharp corners chip easily
- A beautiful wood-grained finish and stainless steel uprights highlight this modern 3-tier TV stand.
- The Model 131020 is designed for flat screen TVs up to 32-inches or 80 lbs.
- This unit will setup in minutes with no tools required.
- The stand’s dimensions are 15.8 x 31.5 x 22.2 inches.
- Lighter color than shown in picture
- Mostly plastic materials
- Poor packaging
With simple, yet sleek styling, the Sauder Deco 408559 Panel TV Stand will complement any room of your home. It can easily house your audio/video components while supporting the centerpiece of your family room; your flat screen TV.
- You will appreciate the simple lines, black finish, and stylish glass doors of the Sauder Deco 408559.
- Constructed with quality, durable materials, this stand is sure to stand up to years of housing your audio/video component collection.
- It provides perfectly-sized spaces for all your audio/video components.
- Easy to use back panel cutouts provide plenty of routing for audio/video cabling.
- Built-in floor levelers make placement easy on carpet or hard flooring.
- This unit’s dimensions are 41.93W x 20.28D x 22.05H inches.
- It is designed to hold flat screen TVs on the top shelf weighing 70 lbs. or less with a base of no more than 39.5 inches.
- Easy to assemble
- Quality materials
- Nice looking stand
- Middle shelf not adjustable
- Instructions are difficult to follow
TV Stand Comparison Chart
We recommend the following related articles:
- Samsung TV: Best Samsung LED TV Under $700
- Sharp TV: Best Selling New Sharp 60-inch AQUOS TV
- Gifts for Boyfriend 2013: Top 5 Cyber Monday Gifts
- 22 Inch Monitor: Best Value 22 Inch Computer Monitor 2013
- 40 Inch TV: Best Value 40 Inch LCD TV 2013
- Flat Screen TV: Best Value 60-Inch 1080p LED Flat Screen TV
- LG TV: Most Popular LG 1080p LED TV 2013
- TV Tables: Top 4 Best Selling TV Tables 2013
- TV Stands: 7 Best Selling Flat Screen TV Stands 2013
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Which TV stands do you like? Which of the TV stands are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you valuable information you can use to compare TV stands and find the one that is perfect for you.