A flatscreen TV wall mount is one of the best selling TV accessories because everyone loves the idea of mounting their flat screen TV out of the way on the wall. Not only does it look good, it eliminates the need for a dedicated TV stand. Compared to the average TV stand, a TV wall mount is much less expensive.
You can buy a TV wall mount to fit just about every situation. Whether you simply want to mount it flat to the wall, need it to swivel and tilt a small amount, or need your TV to swivel and tilt completely to accommodate odd angles, manufacturers have designed and built a model just for you.
This article is about the most popular type of flatscreen TV wall mounts which handle the situation where you just want to mount your flat screen TV directly to the wall with minimal need for swiveling or tilting. These mounts are also some of the least expensive requiring just a simple, sturdy design that will support a range of TV sizes.
Really one of the only things you need to be concerned about is the VESA layout on the back of your TV. Most mounts can handle a range of VESA specifications including most likely yours, but it’s important to verify. What is VESA? It is a flat display interface configuration that has been around since 1997 as a standard for manufacturers to follow when putting mounting screw holes on the backs of their TVs. Your TV, like all flat screens, comes with these built-in screw holes usually arranged in a square and self-tapping. They will match up with corresponding holes or slots on your TV wall mount through which screws will connect your TV to the mount. You can find out more about the VESA standard on Wikipedia.org.
One additional consideration is your homes wood stud configuration. Most U.S. homes have studs that are 16 or 24 inches on center. You need to know your stud configuration to choose the right mount.
Take a look at these 5 mounts and see if one of them is the perfect model for your flat screen TV.
TV Wall Mount: Top 5 Flat Screen TV Mounts
#5 – Mount-it! Tilting TV Wall Mount
Claiming to work with 99% of flat screen TVs on the market, the Mount-it! Tilting Mount can handle 42-inch to 70-inch TVs and features easy installation either on a single stud, two studs, or even concrete. Boasting a 175 lb. maximum weight capacity, solid toughened steel construction, and a durable scratch resistant finish, this model is sleek, looks good, and can handle just about any installation requirements you can throw at it. Check out its many features.
- Supports 42-inch to 70-inch flat screen TVs with a maximum weight of
- Tiltable and rotatable up to 15 degrees for optimum viewing angle
- Fits close to the wall with only a 3-inch gap
- Complete with easy-align brackets and a variable wall bracket for installation on one or two studs or concrete
- Solid toughened steel construction with a durable scratch resistant finish
- Back plate dimensions are 36W x 9.4H inches and supports vertical hole distance of 18.75 inches
Note: Mounting holes on television should be less than 868mm (34.1 inches) apart horizontally and 450mm (17.7 inches) vertically and are not compatible with some Pioneer and Sharp brand TVs.
- Super easy to setup
- High quality materials
- Holds large flat screen TVs easily and securely
- Sturdy mounting
- Mounting holes do not line up well with 16-inch studs
- Mount level may not be accurate
- Adjustable wheel knobs are too small for easy adjustment
- Wide mount may be more noticeable than some
#4 – MOUNT-IT! NEW Universal Heavy Duty Premium Tilt Tilting Wall Mount Bracket
The Mount-It! NEW Universal Heavy-Duty Premium Tilting Wall Mount Bracket features support for 40-inch to 70-inch flat screen televisions, maximum weight allowance of 175 lbs., and continuous tilt up to 15 degrees. It is easy to install with easy-align brackets and highly adaptable wall plate. When installed with your Mount-It! bracket, your TV will sit only 3 inches off the wall. See its main features.
- Supports 40-inch to 70-inch flat screen TVs
- Boasts easy installation for up to 99% of flat screen TVs using included easy-align brackets and support for single or double studs and concrete.
- Continuous tilt adjustment up to 15 degrees for optimum viewing angles
- When installed the TV will sit only 3 inches from the wall providing a sleek look while allows easier access to cables
- Heavy gauge steel construction with scratch-resistant finish
- Includes all nuts, bolts, and washers necessary for installation
Note: Mounting holes on television should be less than 34.4 inches apart horizontally and 17.7 inches vertically and will not support certain PIONEER and Sharp® brand TVs.
- Easy to mount and use
- Excellent quality components
- Wide mount attaches to 3 wall studs 16-inch on center
- Great value
- Built-in level not accurate
- Poor instructions
- Vertical brackets show on TVs less than 40 inches
#3 – VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 37″- 70″ LCD LED Plasma TV Flat Screen
The VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Bracket is designed to mount most 37-70 inch flat screen TVs with a maximum weight of 165 lbs. It will support all VESA mounting standards and is made of heavy gauge steel for strength and durability. Tiltable up to 15 degrees, your TV will sit only 2.2 inches from the wall once installed giving it a low profile appearance. Here are its primary features.
- Mounts most 37-70 inch flat screen TVs weighing up to 165 lbs.
- Supports all VESA mounting standards including 700×400, 684×300, 600×400, 600×300, 600×200, 500×300, 400×400, 400×300, 400×200, 300×300, 300×200, 200×200, and 200×100 mm.
- Featuring heavy-gauge steel construction, the mount weights over 12 lbs.
- Adjustable viewing angle can be tilted up to 15 degrees
- Lift and lock safety system secures display in position
- Unique rail design allows the TV to be shifted left or right on mount for additional placement adjustment
- TV will sit just 2.2 inches from the wall once installed giving it a sleek, low-profile appearance
- Comes with 7-ft HDMI cable, bubble level, and complete hardware
Note: Mounting holes distance on the rear of TV must be less than 28″ (700mm) horizontally and 16″ (400mm) vertically. To prevent the bracket from showing make sure your TV is at least 37 inches wide.
- Great value
- Very easy to install
- Free HDMI cable is a nice touch
- Well-made mount
- Some adjustment screws can be hard to reach
- Tilt may cause need for specialized angled HDMI connectors
- Not easy to adjust tilt after installation
- Included hardware is inferior quality
#2 – VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 23″- 65″ LCD LED Plasma TV Flat Panel Screen
Designed to mount most 23-65 inch flat screen TVs weight up to 165 lbs., the VideoSecu Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket features a continuously adjustable tilt angle up to 15 degrees for more comfortable viewing. Easy installation configuration fits either 16 or 25 inch on center studs. Here are its main features.
- Low-profile mount fits most 23-65 inch flat screen TVs weight up to 165 lbs
- Supports VESA configurations up to 600×400 mm
- Tilt is continuously adjustable up to 15 degrees and provides optimum vertical viewing angles
- Strong and durable dual steel frames
- Fits 16″ or 24″ studs typical in US homes
- Common wall and TV attachment hardware are included
- Comes with 6-inch, 3-axis magnetic bubble level and 10-ft HDMI cable
- One of the best values
- Easy to assemble
- Simple and sturdy
- Included 10-foot HDMI cable adds to value
- For smaller TVs vertical brackets may protrude above the TV
- Poor assembly instructions
- Bracket is not one piece, but two pieces
#1 – Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Flush Tilt (1.3″ Profile) Flat Screen Wall Mount Bracket
If you’re looking for a high-quality TV mount that can handle that 65-Inch 165-lb. flat screen TV while not breaking the bank, our choice for the best flat screen TV Wall Mount, Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Flush Tilt, will fit the bill perfectly. It packs mild tilt and rotation capability into a very thin profile and comes with all the hardware you need to make the installation easy and fast. Its variable VESA capability means that it can handle nearly any of the VESA standard configurations, but please check before you buy. For heavier flat screen TVs Cheetah Mounts recommends mounting the bracket into the existing studs in your wall. Take a look at its many great features.
- Only the best high-grade, cold-rolled steel construction
- You get an ultra-thin flush design with only 1.3 inches of wall clearance
- Tiltable up to 15 degrees and swivels up to 3 degrees reducing glare and providing for optimized viewing angles
- Handles 32-65 inch TVs with weights up to 165 lbs thanks to a heavy-duty dual-hook design
- VESA standard configurations supported include 100×100, 200×100, 200×200, 300×300, 400×400, and 600×400
- Configured to work with 16 or 24-inch on center studs
- Includes one HDMI cable and a built-in level
- Lifetime 100% guarantee
- Installs easily
- Design works well
- Quality construction
- Great value
- Hard to get to safety screw
- Poor instructions
- Difficult to plug-in cables after installation
- Non-SAE hardware
Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Video
TV Wall Mount Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our wall mount list? Which wall mount are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our flatscreen TV mount article! We sincerely hope that this article has given you valuable information that helps you purchase the perfect TV wall mount for your needs!